The modern world we live in is constantly changing, making it increasingly difficult to capture the attention of your customers. Therefore, especially in 2023, it is important to combine as many digital marketing trends as possible to get the most out of it (i.e., maximum ROI). Therefore, in this article, you will read about influencer marketing which you can combine with the emerging popularity of live streaming.
It’s no secret that influencer marketing has taken off in recent years. In fact, a study by eMarketer found that businesses in the US are set to spend up to $5 billion on influencer marketing by 2022 and this online marketing trend is expected to continue throughout 2023.
Just a quick reminder of what influencer marketing is: influencer-brand relationships are a type of social media marketing where a brand partners with an influencer to endorse their product or service. This can be an effective marketing strategy because influencers have a built-in audience that trusts them, and people can relate to other people more easily than brands. When building an influencer-brand relationship, it’s important to find an influencer who is a good fit for your brand, be clear about your goals, and be prepared to invest time and resources into the relationship.
Influencer marketing can take the form of streaming live content because in recent years, this has taken the internet by storm. Live streaming is a type of video-based content where users can watch a live broadcast of an event or activity. This can be anything from a concert or sporting event to a tutorial or vlog.
Live streaming is popular because it allows users to get a front-row seat to an event or activity without having to be there in person. It also gives users the ability to interact with the person or people who are live streaming. This interaction can be in the form of comments or questions that the live streamer can answer in real-time.
Keep the following tips in mind to ensure a successful live stream:
- As mentioned, be sure to choose the right influencer. Make sure they align with your brand values and have a large enough following to make an impact.
- Second, be prepared and make sure the influencer is too. You need to have a clear goal for the live stream of the influencer. What do you want to achieve? More brand awareness? More sales? Keep your goals in mind when planning your live stream.
- Third, have a strong internet connection for the live stream. A weak internet connection can cause lag or choppy audio, which can be frustrating for viewers.
- Fourth, have a good camera. A live stream is only as good as the quality of the video.
- Fifth, make sure the influencer engages with their audience. Take the time to answer questions and comments from the viewers in real-time. This will help to keep them involved and coming back for more.
Influencer live-streaming in action
Apple, Microsoft, Kohl’s, and Nestlé are just a few of the businesses that have utilized live streaming to expand their brand. By broadcasting product announcements, software releases, and other events, these companies have been able to reach a wider audience and increase brand awareness. What’s more, partnering with influencers has also proved to be an effective live streaming strategy for these businesses.
For instance, Nestlé’s Drumstick marketing campaign is a great example of how to successfully use influencers to promote a product. By partnering with influencers on Periscope, Nestlé was able to take advantage of the trending hashtag #FirstDayOfSummer and generate a lot of excitement for its products. The campaign proved to be a success, with over 50,000 likes in just 12 hours. If you’re looking to use the influencer marketing trend to promote your product with influencers, Nestlé’s Drumstick campaign is a great example to follow.